Table of Content
- 1 Table of Content
- 2 Introduction
- 3 Why is Office 365 migration required?
- 4 Why EdbMails Office 365 migration tool?
- 5 EdbMail Handy Features for Use-Case Scenarios
- 6 1. Simple Office 365 migration (Tenant to Tenant)
- 7 2. Export and Backup Office 365 to PST
- 8 3. Direct Office 365 to Exchange Migration
- 9 4. Mailbox Selection and Migration
- 10 5. Filter Options for Selective Migration
- 11 6. Incremental Migration Feature
- 12 7. Automatic Office 365 Mailbox Mapping
- 13 8. Migrate mailboxes retaining language encoding
- 14 Extra EdbMails Features to Maximize the Tool
- 15 1. High Performance and Scalable Migration
- 16 2. Automatic Reconnection and Migration
- 17 3. Migrate without Office 365 Throttling and Downtime
- 18 EdbMails Office 365 Mailbox Pricing
- 19 Refund Policy and Customer Support
- 20 1. The results of EdbMails full version differ from those of the Trial version
- 21 2. Even with EdbMails assistance, the data recovered is not complete
- 22 Final Thoughts: EdbMails Review
Most businesses consider migrating user mailboxes to Exchange online first, followed by migrating other Exchange services. When evaluating the move to Office 365, any corporation with established business processes and current on-premise infrastructure will need to conduct extensive planning. Many important considerations must be made when planning a migration to Office 365, such as which third-party migration technologies to use, whether to hire an external consultant, and how to implement. This is where specialized Office 365 tenant migration software can help. Before we get into how to go about the migration, let’s take a look at some compelling reasons for the migration in the first place.
Why is Office 365 migration required?
Exchange users are migrating to Office 365 for a variety of reasons.
- One of the primary reasons for migrating to Microsoft 365 is the ability to access data from any location and at any time. As a result, the most effective method of increasing productivity.
- Few people are aware that Office 365 upgrades are completely free. As soon as they are released, all upgraded and new features are available to Office 365 customers.
- Organizations prioritize data, and the security of Office 365 is far superior to that of on-premises environments. Furthermore, Microsoft guarantees 99.9% uptime with Office 365.
- Office 365 is less expensive when compared to Exchange Server. Because Office 365 is a cloud server, the cost of server maintenance is eliminated. In addition, you will only be charged for what you use.
- As we all know, Office 365 is a subscription-based service with a variety of subscription levels from which businesses can choose.
Why EdbMails Office 365 migration tool?
- EdbMails software gives you complete control over the Office 365 migration process while also eliminating the risk of data loss. Furthermore, the program does not store any data on their server, making it a safe option for transferring valuable and critical data.
- It is simple to synchronize contacts and information so that coworkers can send and receive emails and collaborate with ease. Furthermore, the application allows for the quickest possible Office 365 to Office 365 transfer while maintaining communication.
- The software does not save any credentials, such as user name and password, in the product’s interface or database during the migration process. It completely safeguards Office 365 users’ privacy. In terms of performance, the application is quick and dependable, while also preserving the integrity of Microsoft 365 contents.
- EdbMails is an automated solution for transferring Office 365 mailboxes. You can eliminate the possibility of human error and data corruption by using it for your migration projects.
- The Software is a well-known name in the email migration market, and the technology is regularly updated to include new and useful features. It also has a specialized technical support team that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer any questions you might have about the product.
EdbMail Handy Features for Use-Case Scenarios
EdbMails is a specially built software solution for Exchange and Office 365 migration, backup, and restoration. Other common user requirements are combined with advanced features such as filter options, destination selection, mailbox mapping capabilities, and so on.
1. Simple Office 365 migration (Tenant to Tenant)
This is an important requirement in many commercial enterprises as a result of mergers and acquisitions or when transferring mailboxes between domains. EdbMails makes Office 365 tenant-to-tenant migrations a breeze. All that is required is to connect the source and target mailboxes and begin the migration. You can migrate directly from one tenant to another in the same or a different domain.
2. Export and Backup Office 365 to PST
It is possible to export your Office 365 mailboxes as PST files. Then, to recover all of your data, open or import the PST file into any Microsoft Outlook software. You can also store the PST file as a backup if you prefer. One of the appealing features is that all of the options in EdbMails are conveniently placed in one location, making it very easy for users to complete their desired action.
3. Direct Office 365 to Exchange Migration
EdbMails can migrate from Office 365 to any Exchange server version, including On-Premise and Hosted Exchange. It is compatible with all Exchange versions, ranging from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2019. This is important for people who want to migrate some users to Exchange in a hybrid environment or who want to switch to an on-premise Exchange infrastructure.
4. Mailbox Selection and Migration
A list of all Office 365 mailboxes appears on the left side of the main EdbMails interface, which you can open to see individual mail items and counts. Other options and settings are available on the right side of the screen, such as removing deleted source items from target folders and forcing target items to be updated with the source.
The tooltips describe the function of each option. Excluding Folders and migrating permissions are two other options. You can select which mailboxes and mail items to transfer by using the various checkboxes. Then, at the bottom of the screen, click Migrate to Office 365 to proceed with the migration.
5. Filter Options for Selective Migration
EdbMails’ various filter options make it simple to filter and migrate certain mails and mail items based on your requirements. This allows you to save time by only moving the data you require. Individual folders can be selected, such as Inbox and Sent Items, while others, such as Junk and Conversation History, can be excluded.
6. Incremental Migration Feature
Incremental Migration is one of the best capabilities that makes users’ jobs simple. If previously migrated items are duplicated on the target from the same computer, the migration is pointless and results in redundant data.
EdbMails intelligently addresses this issue by preventing duplicate items from being transferred from the same source to the same target during subsequent migration procedures. In order for incremental features to apply, users must migrate to the same target from the same source account.
The initial migration, on the other hand, is a complete migration. The subsequent migrations are much easier because of the software’s ability to avoid duplicating items that have already been transferred. This functionality also reduces migration bandwidth, allowing for faster and more efficient migrations.
7. Automatic Office 365 Mailbox Mapping
For large-scale migrations, this is even another time-saving feature. EdbMails eliminates the complexity of manual mailbox mapping by automatically mapping users’ mailboxes based on their names or the closest match. You can start migrating as soon as you’re satisfied with the automatic mailbox mapping.
8. Migrate mailboxes retaining language encoding
Language is not a barrier while performing migration using EdbMails. Regardless of which language is specified on the source and target servers, EdbMails allows you to migrate all items. The software can even migrate unicode and special characters and perfectly retains the encoding.
Extra EdbMails Features to Maximize the Tool
1. High Performance and Scalable Migration
When migrating to Office 365, EdbMails ensures the best possible performance. The mailbox and item sizes are both infinite, as is the migration speed. The software guarantees a smooth migration with no administrative interruptions. It enables you to migrate to Office 365 in a simple and secure manner while maintaining unparalleled data correctness and integrity.
2. Automatic Reconnection and Migration
When an internet connection is lost, you need not be concerned since the tool will resume migration automatically once it is reestablished. The next time you migrate, EdbMails will use the encrypted meta-data it has stored on your local computer to migrate newly received items of items that were not imported during earlier migrations. In this way, EdbMails incremental functionality reduces bandwidth while keeping data consistent between the source and target.
3. Migrate without Office 365 Throttling and Downtime
Since the EdbMails software is multithreaded, it easily handles the throttling issue. During the migration, the application experiences no downtime. Your users can continue to work with their emails as usual while the source mailbox data is transferred to a new environment.
They will not experience any disruptions in email flow or mailbox availability because the program does not block or limit data in any way. In other words, while their mailboxes are being transferred in the background, users can write and receive emails and perform other tasks in their email clients.
EdbMails Office 365 Mailbox Pricing
EdbMails pricing for Office 365 migration is reasonable throughout complex migration projects, which is both amazing and cost-effective. They provide an exceptional value as well as customization options tailored to your specific needs. On their website, you can see the pricing per mailbox based on the number of source mailboxes.
A license for Office 365 with 100 mailboxes costs only $200. Buying in bulk allows you to save even more money. The unused licenses can be used anytime as you wish in the future. There is also the option of combining Exchange and Office 365 mailboxes (Bundle Offer). When compared to other similar software, the pricing for 100 Exchange and Office 365 mailboxes is only $360.
Refund Policy and Customer Support
EdbMails offers a full refund within 30 days of purchase in the following circumstances:
1. The results of EdbMails full version differ from those of the Trial version
Consider the following scenario:
The data retrieved and exported in the trial and licensed versions are completely different. EdbMails support staff will investigate the situation and attempt to extract the data in their secure lab; if they are unable to do so, the money will be reimbursed in full.
2. Even with EdbMails assistance, the data recovered is not complete
EdbMails always recovers the maximum amount of data, but if you discover otherwise, the team will try to recover your data in the lab, and if you are not satisfied with the extraction results, you will be entitled to an immediate refund.
EdbMails offers free online, live technical support seven days a week, 24 hours a day. If you’re having trouble migrating to Office 365 or need clarification on a specific issue, you can contact them via live chat, phone, or email. The technical support team responds quickly to any product-related questions.
The software is easy to use, has intuitive settings, and includes a guided tour to get you started on the path to success right away. There is also the possibility of receiving remote assistance. We contacted their customer service to request a free live product demo, and their representatives were friendly and helpful in providing us with all of the information we required.
Final Thoughts: EdbMails Review
When it comes to moving to Office 365, the EdbMails Office 365 Migration solution consistently delivers. When conducting the product testing, I discovered that mailboxes can be successfully migrated between Office 365 tenants as well as to all Exchange Server versions. There was no downtime or issues throughout the entire process, which included connecting to On-premises and Office 365 servers, mapping mailboxes, and migrating mailboxes from the previous environment.
It only took one button press to complete the operation, making it simple for businesses that need to complete Office 365 migration projects quickly. Furthermore, EdbMails comes with a slew of other utilities that we found useful. There is no doubt that this software is a powerhouse of cutting-edge tools for the needs of everyday users.
You may also have the question if you use Exchange or Office 365. How to add Office 365 email signatures? If you’re looking for a solution that will make things easier for your entire company, we highly recommend Sigsync Office 365 signatures. This product allows you to manage all of your signatures and disclaimers in a single location.
We also tried Sigsync and found it pretty useful. From our experience, we found that it has a well-designed dashboard, and there is also a free signature design service if you have specific signature needs for your team. With Sigsync, you can do more than you can imagine in terms of email marketing, product promotion, getting customer feedback, and integrating Google analytics. Visit the homepage from the link above or try the free version to experiment it all by yourselves.