Moving Furniture: 4 Things You Shouldn’t Do
Have you ever moved houses or shifted into a new office space? Or are you looking to move into a new property? Well, moving furniture, or moving in general, may be a nightmare for anyone. Many concerns must be handled, and numerous items must be packed before you begin your moving process. For some, the most difficult step is packing and preparing all of the furnishings in the house for the move. Most pieces of furniture are too large to fit within the box, leaving it subject to scratches and damage.
There is always a solution to every problem. You can simply hire our professional junk removal services. While you sit back and relax our team of professionals will haul away or move all required pieces of furniture from your property. Mentioned below are a few tips you should follow while moving furniture:
Tips on How to Move Safely Move Furniture
- You should remember to make your task easy. You shouldn’t move all your furniture on your own. Most people can injure their backs by lifting heavy items, and if you’re not careful, you can easily slip and hurt yourself further. It’s just one of the reasons you should consider JDog Junk Removal & Hauling to do all your heavy lifting and shifting. Hiring our junk removal services team eliminates the need for heavy lifting on your end, and we always work as a team to move furniture quickly.
- If you do choose to lift furniture on your own, you should always lift heavy goods in the proper manner. You must be well-versed with the saying, lift with your legs, and not your back. It is correct! To keep your back in the proper position, you should squat instead of bending.
- To stay organized, you should always plan ahead. Remember to measure the size of your furniture, moving area, and always count the number of steps before lifting and moving. You don’t want to be stuck in a stairwell like Ross, Rachel, or Chandler from Friends. We all know how uncomfortable and distraught they looked while shifting that couch! So, always remember to make a plan.
- You don’t want to spoil or scratch your white walls while shifting your furniture. Make sure that the sharp corners of the items you are shifting are covered. You can simply cover it with some cloth or soft material to lower the impact.
- Tape your drawers so that your furniture does not damage any of your precious belongings or break any window glass. You can use furniture-safe tape to protect your belongings during your shifting process.
- Remember to use proper tools and supplies. You can choose from a variety of tools to speed up your shifting process. Make use of forearm straps that help distribute the weight, and place sliders under the furniture to pass it around safely. Our junk removal services are equipped to handle anything that comes our way.
- Let JDog Junk Removal & Hauling survey your house to ensure the furniture that needs to be moved. Our team of experts will be able to adjust and organize the time scheduled for your pick-up.
- When moving, the safety of yourself and your family must be your top priority. As much as you want to avoid spending money and save on the costs of bills, you should remember to never put your safety in jeopardy. Rushing or pushing yourself too hard to finish the furniture packing could result in multiple injuries to the back, neck, or muscle. You should always determine and understand the safest way to move your large furniture before you begin with your shifting process. Always make a plan! Obtain the use of necessary equipment such as ropes and hum straps. It’s also a good idea to enlist the support of your pals for your moving process. Packing and moving your furniture is a tedious task that requires a lot of labor, and you won’t be able to accomplish it on your own. Hence, you should seek assistance to make your moving process more swift and easy, and JDog Junk Removal & Hauling will be there to help you!
- You should make use of appliance dollies for moving your furniture. Having a furniture or appliance dolly makes it easier to move around your belongings. They are stronger than box dollies, have smaller wheels, and feature ratchet straps to secure appliances while being moved. They’re also wonderful for filing cabinets, closets, and triple dressers; just make sure to cushion them well ahead of time to avoid scratches.
JDog Junk Removal & Hauling is the company to call. Let JDog Junk Removal & Hauling handle the heavy lifting for you. We offer both commercial and residential junk removal services and can haul away all of your unwanted belongings. We also assist with labor services in rubbish removal to help you safely move large items around your home, sparing your back, furniture, and walls. To arrange a service, call 844-GET-JDOG today.