More and more people are staying home and maintaining social distance to slow down the spread of the vicious coronavirus. Also, even though vaccines are available, lockdowns are being extended because distancing is one of the best ways to slow down the transmission and relieve pressure from the healthcare facility of the country. But, not meeting your friends and being stuck at home 24/7 can lead to boredom.
Being forced to stay at home is not the same as taking a day off from work or bunking University. In the latter case, you would just stay at home and do nothing. It wouldn’t push you to boredom because you know that you can go out and meet your friends if you want. Alternatively, when you’re stuck at home, you may try to live a routine life to keep yourself engaged. For instance, many people have started doing yoga and exercises to stay physically fit and keep themselves engaged. A lot of people are sharpening their culinary skills. But, if all this is not enough to keep boredom at bay, you can consider playing card games online, such as Call Break.
Call Break is a simple card game and a popular one that is played across South Asian countries, especially India, Bangladesh, and Nepal. The rules are also easy to learn; you can play now on your mobile device. You don’t have to worry about finding players because you will be connected with online card players from across the globe.
Why is the card game called Call Break?
Call Break is a card game that focuses on collecting the highest points in the defined number of rounds.
Players get negative points, or they lose points if they fail to obtain their called bet. So, players need to strategize to break the Call of their opponents, which will help them become triumphant.
In case a player gets negative points, it becomes difficult to recover. This is why other players need to use tricks to break the call of the player who is leading.
It is because of this strategy that the game is called Call Break. It is an intense game of strategies, and this is why it appeals to card game lovers.
Interested? Take a look at the rules of the game.
If you’ve never played Call Break offline, there’s no need to panic. The rules are very easy to understand. The setup of the game is also simple. The primary objective is to make sure that you have the highest score at the end of 5 rounds to beat your opponents.
- Call Break is a card game typically played with 4 players, and the standard 52 cards deck is used for the game. Each player gets 13 cards. The dealer is selected at random, and in every round, there is a new dealer.
- There are 5 rounds, and points are calculated at the end of each round. One round ends when all the cards are exhausted from each player.
- The game is played in an anti-clockwise direction, and the player next to the dealer starts the game. Before the game begins, players will have to make their calls based on the cards that they’ve been dealt.
- In Call Break, the highest value cards are Ace, King, Queen, and Jack. The rest of the cards typically don’t have any value unless it is higher than the card that has been played on a particular round.
- The default trump in this card game is the Spades. You can play the trump card when you don’t have the card of the same suit that is being played during the current game. However, playing the trump card doesn’t guarantee you a win because some other player might overtrump your card. If nobody overtrumps you, then you’ll win the hand.
- To win the game, you have to achieve the bid that you had called during the starting of the game. If you don’t obtain that many bids, you will lose the game.
The next thing that you need to know is how points are scored. Simply put, you have to achieve the number of bids you have made to gain points. If you don’t obtain the bids, you will lose points equivalent to the number of bids you had made.
For example, say that you have made bids for 3 tricks at the beginning of the game. To earn 3 points, you have to obtain those 3 tricks. If you get more than 3 tricks and obtain 4, your point will be 3.1. For every extra trick that you win above what you had bid, you will be awarded 0.01 points.
But, in case you have made 8 calls in a round or more, you will win 13 points if you achieve the bids. If you fail, you will lose 8 points.
Your final points at the end of the fifth round will determine if you have beaten your opponents or not.
Things to remember when playing Call Break –
- The risks that you take should be calculated. In Call Break, it is better to call fewer bids and obtain them than calling more bids than what you can get and lose points. Since there are 5 rounds, you will get ample opportunities to make points. But, try not to lose points.
- Making bids based on Aces and Kings is a better option than pinning your hopes on Queens and Jacks. Even though they are also face cards and have good value, they are not the highest valued cards. In case one of your opponents runs out of the same suit of the card that you’re playing your Jack or Queen for, you’ll lose that hand.
- Be calm and composed throughout. Don’t let your emotions get the better of your reasoning.
So, are you ready to try something new to break the boredom and monotony of staying home? Call Break game is your answer. Play it with online players and get to make friends, along with learning the game.